BYU Concert Band Festival
Register by November 30th, 2022
The BYU Concert Band Festival, a Regional Affiliate of the Music for All National Festival, presented by Yamaha, brings outstanding high school and junior high school bands together for a wonderful celebration of bands and band music. The festival is a non-competitive event that focuses on educational and musical growth and features clinicians who are nationally-recognized experts in the field of band rehearsing and conducting.
At a Glance
- The festival is held in the new BYU School of Music building with performances in our beautiful, state of the art, vineyard-style concert hall
- Each band will have up to 30 minutes on stage, followed by a 30 minute clinic with one of our nationally-recognized clinicians
- Each band will receive:
- a professional recording of their band’s performance
- written and recorded comments from adjudicators
- a conductor-view video with helpful conducting feedback from one of our clinicians
- In support of colleagues and students and in keeping with the educational mission of the festival, each band will required to attend at least three performances of other school bands at the festival
- The festival will include featured performances by the BYU Wind Symphony and Symphonic Band
Deadlines and Fees
Registration deadline is November 30th. Acceptance to the festival and date/time preference will be determined based on the date of registration. As slots for the festival will likely fill quickly, we recommend that you register as soon as possible.
The participation fee is $500 per band and all payments will be due on December 15th. Please do not process your payment until you receive confirmation that your registration was accepted. If a payment is not received on or before December 15th, bands on our waiting list will be invited to fill that slot.